Life gets really busy sometimes. Between school, finals, trips (SF and DC, so fun), sick dogs, computers dying, volunteering and more school, something had to give. Unfortunately that thing was blogging. I’ve still been cooking and photographing and going to farmers’ market every weekend, but there just don’t seem to be enough hours in the day for getting around to writing and editing.
I really don’t want to talk about how it is July in a week, but considering one of my favorite holidays is on the 4th of July, I suppose we must. Just because life is super busy, doesn’t mean I don’t want to cook and bake as much as I normally would. Sometimes everyone could use a little help in the kitchen. I have used Betty Crocker gluten free mixes before and I have to say I love them. I’ve used tried the yellow cake mix, the devil’s food cake and now the brownie mix. They have turned out perfectly every single time.
MyBlogSpark sent me an awesome baking tool set with a rolling pin, pastry brush, spatula, and timer, and an 8″ Square Cake Pan. The rolling pin, brush and spatula are all my favorite color, so I was pretty excited about that as well. I got even more excited when I noticed the pastry brush and spatula have a built in rest! No more goopy batter on the counters! Genius! The best part of this My Blog Spark campaign for General Mills, is that I get to give away the same gift set to one of my readers! This gift set includes products from Joseph Joseph. One lucky winner will receive an adjustable wooden rolling pin, spatula, pastry brush, timer, and baking pan. And since I love a good giveaway, I’m also including an apron and a box of Betty Crocker gluten free mix to break in your new pan. See entry details below!
Enter the giveaway here:a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway info:
- To enter, use a Rafflecopter giveaway (it’s super easy!)
- Winner will be selected via Rafflecopter.
- The giveaway will close Monday, July 1 at midnight (Pacific Standard Time).
- Giveaway open to US residents only. (Sorry international readers!)
Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Good luck! 🙂
Gluten Free Brownies for 4th of July
Recipe from Betty Crocker.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free brownie mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups mixed fresh red and blue berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8X8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, butter and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake 28-31 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base. Arrange berries over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.