Read this recipe and then run to the kitchen to make them! Even if gluten isn’t an issue for you or if you are attempting to figure out gluten-free snack everyone can enjoy, these are going to be the perfect addition to any upcoming holiday gatherings you have coming up. I used freshly grated sharp white cheddar. I think sharp or extra sharp cheddar is going to be essential in making this (Seriously, why do people even bother with mild cheddar? Life’s unsolved mysteries…).
I plan on making these again as one of my Thanksgiving appetizers. I’m thinking of taking these to the next level though. Parmesan-Rosemary, Chipotle-Cheddar, Gorgonzola! The possibilities are endless. It’s going to be exciting.
The crackers will keep for a few days in a sealed plastic bag, but I don’t imagine them being around that long.
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Cut two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet. Grate 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cheese. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg and oil. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Take parchment paper, place dough on one piece of parchment paper and place other piece on top. Take rolling pin and roll out dough until about 1/16-inch thick.
- Remove top parchment and cut dough into pieces 2 inches square. (A pizza cutter would be perfect for this if you have one.) Slide the parchment with the cut dough onto baking sheet and bake crackers 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let crackers cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!