You need to make this cocktail for your 4th of July parties! This is definitely one of the best drinks I have made in a while. It tastes like summer in a glass, well that is if summer tasted like champagne and lemonade in a mason jar. It’s perfect for a hot summer evening. The lemonade makes the drink tangy and refreshing and the champagne adds a bit of delightful sparkle. Best of all, it is so, so easy to make! You could definitely use store-bought lemonade, but I’m a fan of the homemade agave nectar sweetened variety. I like to keep it on the tangy side, but using agave makes it easy to adjust the sweetness very easily. Using agave also means you don’t have to wait for water to boil and simple syrup to cool, which means you will enjoying this delicious beverage all the faster!
- 1 bottle VERY chilled brut sparkling wine (cheap stuff is fine)
- 3 cups VERY chilled fresh squeezed lemonade (my favorite recipe is below)
- berries/fruit of choice (fresh or frozen will help keep it chilled)
- In a large pitcher (big enough to fit 6 cups) combine the sparkling wine, lemonade and 2 large handfuls of fresh berries. Lightly stir to mix. Serve immediately.
Agave Sweetened Lemonade
- 10 large lemons, juiced(should yield about 3 cups of juice)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 cups water
- Combine lemon juice, agave nectar, and water in a large pitcher. Mix will to combine. Place in fridge and allow to chill.