My girlfriend Kelly made this absolutely amazing asparagus appetizers (I love alliteration!) for our last book club meeting. They were delicious! And so simple. I made them at home for a little Monday evening aperitivo. These are definitely a great bite for a last-minute wine and cheese party and definitely worthy of sharing with guest. Next time I have a dinner party, these will be on the menu. I’m actually kind of looking for any excuse to make these again.
You can use any soft, spreadable cheese. I would avoid cream cheese, but any other soft cheese should work. I think Boursin would be amazing.
Making this appetizer into a side dish would be very easy to do. I would leave the prosciutto slice whole and wrap it around 3-5 pieces of asparagus and cook them the same way (maybe a minute or two longer). I think it would make for a really tasty side dish, but I really like how the individual spears of asparagus and prosciutto get super crispy.
Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Wrapped Asparagus
- Asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- Soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- Prosciutto, each slice cut into 3 pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Spread the goat cheese on each slice of prosciutto.
- Wrap each asparagus spear in a 1/3 slice of prosciutto and goat cheese.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until warm and starting to crisp.
- Serve and become the hit of the party!