I love coming up with new ways to eat my favorite sandwiches in gluten free ways. A good BLT (I guess these are technically BLATs) are pretty amazing sandwiches and these spring rolls do not disappoint despite the lack of bread. The lime-sriracha dipping sauce is also pretty delicious. It’s creamy, spicy and tangy and really worked well the rest of the BLT ingredients.
These rolls are also super, super filling. I had originally planned on using these as an appetizer, but they were so tasty and filling, they ended up being the perfect (almost) no cook meal. I would recommend serving these as soon as possible after making them, but if you have to they will keep pretty well for up to three hours after assembly.
Gluten Free BLT Spring Rolls
From No Thanks to Cake.
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1-5 teaspoons Sriracha or garlic chili sauce (depending on you spice preference)
- 8 8-inch rice paper (spring roll) wrappers
- 2 cups baby lettuce/spring mix
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 8 slices crispy, cooked center-cut bacon
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- Combine the mayo, yogurt, lime, and sriracha in a small bowl. Whisk it together and set aside.
- Make an assembly line with the bacon, tomato avocado and lettuce. (These spring rolls are best when served immediately, but can be served up to 3 hours later)
- Fill a large pan with hot water and add one rice paper round. Allow it to sit in the water until it softens, about 15-30 seconds. (If your rice paper has a pattern on it, it will be ready to remove when the pattern disappears.)
- Stack shredded or baby lettuce leaves on the lower third of the rice paper. Add tomatoes then a strip of bacon.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper up over the lettuce, tomato and bacon. Fold in the sides, then roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. If one of the wrappers rips, carefully overlap the two edges then continue to assemble the roll.
- Cut each roll in half. Serve with dipping sauce.