I’ve been on a bit of a halloumi kick lately. Normally I would feel bad about sharing recipes with ‘exotic’ ingredients in them, like halloumi, but now that Trader Joe’s now sells this amazing cheese, I would hardly count it as exotic anymore.
This salad is not only quick and easy to make, it is delicious too. The snap peas and tomatoes around here are absolutely delicious at the moment. Their sweetness combined with the salty halloumi help makes every bite delicious. The dressing is light and flavorful. It really adds to the salad and helps all the delicious flavors come together.
Halloumi, Snap Pea & Tomato Quinoa Salad
- 4 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pack Halloumi, cut into slices
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces snap peas, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces mixed spring greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add halloumi and cooked until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Place cooked halloumi on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, snap peas and tomatoes and about half the dressing. Toss to mix all the ingredients.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls. Top with about 1/2 cup of the cooked quinoa and 2-3 slices of the halloumi and serve.