Disclosure: The Veggetti®, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Ontel. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I have wanted to get a spiralizer for a while now, but the cost, size and valuable kitchen storage space it would take up always prevented me. Enter the Veggetti! The Veggetti is a handheld device that quickly turns your veggies into veggie noodles. Veggie noodles offer not only a healthier, lower-carb alternative to regular pasta, but a gluten free one too. The Veggetti is also quick and easy to use and it’s dishwasher safe, which makes clean up a breeze.
I have used my Veggetti with zucchini, squash, potatoes, and carrots. All of them worked out perfectly, except for the carrots. I think the carrots I tried to use were too narrow. So far I am really impressed by how easy the Veggetti is to use, how sturdy it is and how small it is. It fits perfectly in a kitchen drawer. The only downside I have found, and it’s kind of a silly one, is how insanely long the noodles are. I would definitely recommend cutting them up once you are done spiralizing them.
If you would like to get your own Veggetti® , you can go here to learn more at www.getveggetti.com OR you can enter my giveaway! One reader will win a Veggetti of their very own – plus a $25 Visa Gift Card to stock their vegetable crisper!
Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro Pesto & Halloumi
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 1 pack of halloumi cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 4+ garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or parmesan), grated
- 1 bunch cilantro, with most of the stem removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 generous pinch red chili flakes (optional)
- Use the Veggetti to spiralize the zucchini and squash and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add halloumi and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles with as much cilantro pesto as you like and the rest of the ingredients, except the halloumi. Divide between two plates and top with halloumi and serve.
- For the Pesto
- Place the almonds in a food processor until they are finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is reached.