So apparently this March Madness business is finally coming to an end this weekend. Finally. I used to care about sports, but now I am more or less completely apathetic (with one exception). I think this is partially due to the false advertising of surrounding professional and college athletics in America. “March” Madness. We are now a week into April. Stop encroaching on a perfectly innocent month NCAA. However, I will consent to watching sporting events mainly because they allow for drinking at otherwise inappropriate hours of the day and snack foods, both of which I am a fan of.
Creamy ranch, a little kick from the jalapeños, tangy lime. It’s pretty much perfect the perfect dip in my book. I used mild jalapeños and mild green salsa, and while I did increase the amounts from the recipe I based my dip on, I didn’t find the jalapeño flavor or spiciness to be overwhelming at all. If you are a little more hesitant about spicy, you might want to cut back on the jalapeños and salsa and add to taste.
Creamy Jalapeño Ranch Dip
Recipe adapted from Capturing Joy.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup tomatillo salsa (or any green salsa)
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 Tablespoons ranch powder (or 1.5 packets)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 limes, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached (I left mine a little chunky). Add more lime juice if dip is too thick
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips and veggies and enjoy!