My wonderful mother had this dip at a dinner party a few months ago. She raved about it. I decided to make it for my book club meeting shortly after that and we all raved about it. This dip is fantastic. I served it with veggies and crackers, but I think there are endless possibilities for serving it.
The only minor change I made was upping the number of garlic cloves from one to three, but I’m crazy like that. I made this dip ahead of time and let the flavors get all happy together. I left off the last drizzle of olive oil until serving time. If you do make this dip ahead of time, make sure you give it at least 30 minutes to sit out at room temperature so it is of dip consistency and not a brick of feta.
If you haven’t already be sure to check out my baking set giveaway! You have until July 1 to enter!
Lemon & Feta Dip
Recipe from Sweet Paul.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil+ extra for serving
- Fresh thyme
- Place feta, lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes and grilled pita bread drizzled with olive oil, salt and thyme.