You could whip this up in less than five minutes. Tapenade is a great appetizer. It is wonderful for dipping veggies and is also great on crackers or bread. I actually made this tapenade not as an appetizer (even thought that’s what we used the leftovers for), but to put on chicken that I baked in the oven. It was also delicious. It is a pretty versatile spread. don’t like a lot of olive oil or overly oily dipping sauces, so I went a little light on the oil. You can add as much or as little you feel necessary.
Black & Green Olive Tapenade
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup pitted green olives (I used Spanish olives with pimentos)
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- olive oil, to preference
- Put all the ingredients except the lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse for about 5 short bursts. Add in lemon juice and a small amount of olive oil. Pulse several more times. Add more oil if you need to. Continue pulsing and adding oil or lemon juice until desired consistency is reached.