I often say that there are certain things that I could eat for every meal and I would never get sick of them. Brussels sprouts are one of those things. I love them. I am actually pretty close to finding a way to incorporate them into every meal as well. Dessert is the only holdout.
Another great thing about these b. sprouts is how easy they are. With all the parties and events that occur this time of year, it is a good idea to have some easy, fail proof appetizers in mind if you have any last-minute guests or parties. There are probably a million different ways you could adapt this recipe as well. I was super tempted to add in some Sriracha with the aioli, but I decided to keep it simple.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Aioli
From Circle of Moms.
- 20 small Brussel Sprouts, quartered
- Canola Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons high quality or homemade mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 4oo F.
- Place brussel sprouts in a plastic bag or bowl and drizzle a small amount of canola oil over top. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on top and then toss the brussel sprouts to ensure they are evenly coated. Pour on to rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a golden brown on at least one side.
- While the brussel sprouts are cooking, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice.
- You can either serve the aioli in a ramekin or drizzle over the top of the brussel sprouts.