Let’s move on from Thanksgiving left overs…
I was slightly hesitant to mix roasted broccoli and roasted grapes, but since I have had pretty good luck with roasting them separately, I figured combining the two couldn’t be too bad. The roasted grapes gave the salad a caramelized sweetness, but it was subtle. I normally would not like anything sweet in a salad like this, but the tangy, creamy dressing kept it in check. They dressing really brought out the best in the other flavors in the salad.
Broccoli & Grape Salad
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt or combination of the two
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped, smoked almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread broccoli and grapes in a single layer on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Roast, 20 to 25 minutes or until broccoli is starting to brown and grapes are soft, stirring once halfway through roasting time. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with red onion. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard. Place broccoli mixture in a serving bowl. Toss with the dressing and top with bacon and smoked almonds.