So my Brussels sprout obsession is back in full swing again. They are everywhere and it is glorious. I have been doing a lot of roasting with Brussels sprouts and that’s all well and good, but sometimes I don’t have the patience to roast things. I have my favorite B. sprout salad that I make quite frequently, but I was in the mood to switch things up. This salad seemed like the perfect alternative.
I thought that the blue cheese and cranberries were the perfect combination of tangy and tart. They really worked well together. The only thing I wish I had added to this salad were some toasted walnuts. This is probably just because I’m so used to my favorite Brussels sprouts salad having toasted walnuts in it, but I really think the earthy, toasted flavor would have complemented and really balance out the rest of the salad.
Brussels Sprouts & Gorgonzola Salad with Cranberries
Slightly adapted from Coconut & Lime.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cleaned and shredded (should yield about 5 shredded cups)
- 4 ounces finely crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 small red onion, halved and finely diced
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt (I used a combination)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, Gorgonzola, onion and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to evenly distribute. Serve immediately or refrigerate 1 hour.