I’m really into slaws at the moment. There is something so summery about them. This one was just about perfect to me. It was flavorful with a bit of spice. I didn’t have any cabbage on hand, but I did have some broccoli. The slaw dressing would also make a great salad dressing for any salad. I made this for dinner one night and I found that the broccoli was still nice and crispy the next day for lunch. It was all finished off by dinner a day later, so it will keep at least a day in the fridge (if it actually lasts that long). If I had cilantro on hand when I was making this, I definitely would have thrown some in as well.
Chipotle Broccoli Slaw
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt/mayo/sour cream (or combination of the 3)
- 2 limes, juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, diced (remove or leave seeds depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle can
- 1 (large) clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag of pre-julienned broccoli slaw or 1 small bunch broccoli and 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped (about 6-7)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Prepare the dressing: In a large bowl, stir together yogurt/mayo/sour cream, lime juice, vinegar, honey, chipotle, adobo sauce, garlic and salt to taste.
- Toss in the broccoli, carrots, red onion, and green onions. Toss to coat.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3o minutes.