Chicken piccata is one of my favorite dishes. The only thing I don’t like about it, is how long it can take to make. There are a lot of dishes and pans and dredging and other stuff involved. Definitely not a fast meal. This is kind of like a chicken piccata salad. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s got all the delicious parts of a traditional chicken piccata; capers, garlic, lemon, yum. It will be ready in 15 minutes, which makes it a winner in my book. This is an easy and tasty weeknight, or any time, meal.
Lemon & Caper Chicken Salad
- olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 lemons, juiced
- mixed salad greens to serve
- white wine vinegar
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until sizzling. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Add in garlic when chicken is almost cooked and cook until golden.
- Throw in the capers and lemon juice and stir until warmed through. Serve on salad leaves. Lightly drizzle white wine vinegar over salad and add freshly ground pepper to taste.