Make these. Make them right now! Seriously, you need these at your New Year’s party. Everyone will love them.
They can also make a cheap (and easy!) addition to any party. You don’t need to use fancy, expensive champagne for this. I used a 7 buck bottle of prosecco from Trader Joe’s. No one will know the difference.I also used frozen strawberries only because the fresh ones looked gross and were a dollar more.
Champagne Jello Shots (from That’s So Michelle)*
- 1 box of jello (the big 8 serving size box) – (I used peach)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine
- strawberries (optional) (I used frozen)
- 2 oz. plastic or glass shot glasses – (I used 10 ounce plastic glasses and filled them half way-ish and got 12 shots.)
- Mix your jello and boiling water in a medium sized bowl, stirring until jello powder has all dissolved. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Stir in champagne and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until jello has just slightly thickened.
- Set aside about 3/4 cup of your jello and champagne mixture for creating the foam top and put it back in the refrigerator.
- Pour jello and champagne mixture into your shot glasses, then drop a few sliced berries in each glass.
- Refrigerate overnight. Before serving whip your 3/4 cup left over jello until it becomes white and fluffy and resembles foam. Spoon “foam” on top and serve.