I am sure there are some people running around buying last-minute gifts or food, not that anyone I know ever leaves things to the last-minute. If you are in need of a quick appetizer, I would recommend this one. You probably have most of the ingredients on hand and you can have a crowd pleasing snack to munch on in less than 30 minutes.
Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20-25 white mushrooms
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, diced (squeeze to remove excess liquid before dicing)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (not shredded – the fresh powdery kind)
- Pinch cayenne pepper or chipotle pepper powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe mushrooms clean; remove stems and gently scoop out the gills to make room for the filling.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo, diced artichoke hearts, garlic, Parmesan, and cayenne. Fill each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoon of dip mixture. Place on a baking sheet (with sides, as the mushrooms will release liquid) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and the filling is golden. Serve warm.