I love asparagus and this is by far one of my favorite asparagus recipes. It combines two of my favorite things, asparagus and balsamic, so I knew right off the bat that it was going to be a keeper. It could not be simpler to make and it will be ready in less than 15 minutes. What’s not to love?
Balsamic Roasted Asparagus (adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.