This quick and tasty salad would be a perfect side dish for any barbecue you are attending this coming Labor Day weekend. The broccoli and blue cheese-buttermilk dressing go together so well and the nuts give the salad a great crunch.
If you need any inspiration for Labor Day weekend, be sure to check out these recipes as well:
- My Favorite Guacamole
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad
- Summer Vegetable Potato Salad
- Chicken with Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Ahi Tuna
- Key Lime Pie with Pecan-Gingersnap Crust
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Summer Cake
- Vanilla Bean Dirty Shirley Temple
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Salad (From Real Simple, September 2011, p. 236)
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or almonds
- Steam broccoli until tender, 5 to 7 minutes; rinse with cold water to cool
- In a small bowl, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, blue cheese, scallion, red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top broccoli with the buttermilk dressing and nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!