I saw this recipe in Real Simple: Meals Made Easy and it seemed like a super easy and summery lunch. It also took about a grand total of 5 minutes to make, which is also a plus.
While the tomatoes were tasty, there was still something lacking. I think next time around, I might leave out the parsley and add a lot more lemon juice. Despite the lemon juice and all the capers and kalamatas I added the salad it was missing a bit of tanginess.
Tuna in a Tomato (makes 6 servings) inspired by Real Simple: Meals Made Easy p. 93
- 6 large tomatoes
- 3 6-oz. cans of tuna, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 Tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon high quality mayonnaise (I like Hollywood Safflower Mayonnaise)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper