This recipe combines, what are probably, my 3 favorite foods. Green beans. Blue Cheese. Hazelnuts. What’s not to love? The other great thing about this recipe is that it’s ready, prep to table, in under 10 minutes. It will probably take more effort to fight for
seconds thirds, than it will to make.
These green beans would make a great side dish for Thanksgiving or even a late summer barbecue. Now, I know blue cheese is not everyone’s personal favorite. I happen to be a bit obsessed with it. The stinkier the better. I used a really delicious gorgonzola for this, but I am sure it would be just as tasty with a milder blue in case you are sharing a dish with someone, who for some unfathomable reason doesn’t like blue cheese that much.
Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Blue Cheese (from this recipe)
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans, return to a boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until bright green and crisp. Drain well and set aside.
- Return the pot to medium-high. Add the butter and hazelnuts and stir until the nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green beans and stir until heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese and toss until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!