This is past Monday I decided that it would only be appropriate to make some patriotic cocktails. I found this drink last week on YumSugar and knew it would be perfect for our 4th of July needs.This drink is perfect for the summer. It’s tasty and refreshing and you probably have all the ingredients on hand already! I used blackberries instead of blueberries, because that’s what I had on hand, and it still turned out perfectly.
I was pretty easy to sell on this drink since raspberries and gin both happen to be two of my favorite things. If you aren’t a fan of gin, I would still definitely try this cocktail. The flavors are very well balanced and the gin isn’t overwhelming. The soda water definitely helps make this a very light and refreshing drink, which is perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Fresh Raspberry and 3 Fresh Blueberries or Blackberries
- 4-6 Mint Leaves
- .75 oz Simple Syrup or Agave Nectar (I used Agave)
- 2 oz Gin (recommended: Bluecoat)
- soda water
- Put the lemon juice, mint, and berries into mixing glass and lightly muddle.
- Add the simple syrup, gin, and ice. Shake vigorously.
- Fine-strain over the rocks into a double old-fashioned glass and top with a splash of soda. Garnish with lemon wheel and one raspberry.
Makes 1 cocktail.