It’s the weekend (a long one at that). It’s unofficially, officially summer. And that means I have a valid excuse to (over) indulge in several of my favorite things for the next 4 months. Barbecue. Berries. Baking. Booze. Which are all things I wholeheartedly indulge in on a regular basis, but now I can do so without people judging as much. It’s slightly comforting.
My main goal or the summer will probably be attempting to combine my four favorite things in as many different combinations possible, as frequently as possible. What can I say, I’m a simple girl. It doesn’t take much to make me happy. As you can see from the recipes I’m planning on making this weekend, I would say that this summer is already off to a great start! 🙂
Things I Made This Week:
- Gluten-free Crispy Portobello Mushroom Fries
- Gluten-free Strawberry Black Pepper Crisps
- Gluten-free Southwestern Pizza
Things I Want to Make Next Week:
- Watermelon & Jalapeno Margaritas! (The Sugar House Blog) Um… Yes. Please. Now. Thank. You.
- Barbecue Chicken Burgers (Annie’s Eats) I’ve been hankering to make homemade BBQ sauce.
- Three-Bean Salad with Dill Dressing (Homesick Texan) Beans. Dill. Sold.
- Strawberry Summer Cake (Smitten Kitchen) I have 4 pounds of strawberries to use. It would be rude not to.